NanoInnovation has always been a unique and unmissable opportunity to connect academia, research and the entrepreneurial system with the aim of presenting and sharing innovative ideas, transferring know-how, allowing the integration of knowledge and experience between different fields of application of nano-biotechnologies.
NanoInnovation is promoted by NanoItaly Association and the Italian Association for Industrial Research (Airi), with the contribution of all co-organizers, supporters and partners of the event.
Due to the persistence of Covid-19 pandemic, also the VII edition of NanoInnovation, scheduled from 19 to 23 September 2022, was held in a hybrid way, meaning most of the initiatives took place both online and in attendance.
This mode was also used for the GaN4AP project symposium co-organized with the Technology District of Sicily Micro and Nano Sistemi and held on the 21st of September.
NanoInnovation represents the reference national event for the wide and multidisciplinary community involved in the study and development of micro and nanotechnologies and in their integration with other enabling technologies (KETs) in all application fields.
NanoInnovation 2022 intends to:
- Provide a meeting forum for academia, research, companies and business operators;
- Display state of the art developments in applied research on nanotechnologies;
- Act as showcase of the innovations in nanotechnologies and KETs;
- Promote knowledge transfer among different R&D players and sectors;
- Offer capacity building and training opportunities for both scholars and professionals.
Symposium co-organized with the Distretto Tecnologico Sicilia Micro e Nano Sistemi
The contribution of GaN4AP project for power conversion in smart mobility and energy consumption
Chair: Leoluca LIGGIO, Coordinator of the European Project “GaN4AP”
In this symposium, it was shown how the Consortium, involving 36 partners from 6 Countries and working on the European project called GaN4AP, aims to address three of the main challenges of the EU today: energy consumption, sustainability and intelligent mobility.
How can micro-nanotechnologies help in these fields with reference to the development of new GaN-based components and systems?
The speakers covered the following topics:
- Introduction to the GaN4AP project: a broad partnership for an European leadership in components and systems based on gallium nitride (GaN)
Ing. Leoluca LIGGIO – Coordinator of the European Project “GaN4AP” (Distretto Tecnologico Sicilia Micro e Nano Sistemi – Italy)
- GaN4AP: a project that looks at the energy efficiency and energy saving
Prof. Gaudenzio MENEGHESSO – Scientific Responsible of the “GaN4AP” project (Director of the Department of Information Engineering – University of Padua)
- WBG devices for industrial power supply applications
Eng. Radoslava Mitova – Cluster_1 leader in “GaN4AP” project (Research leader on WBG power devices at Schneider Electric – France)
- GaN based devices in the electric vehicle world
Ing. Gregorio Iuzzolino – “GaN4AP” technical leader for on-vehicle integration & testing of GaN based demonstrators (Advanced Techno Solutions Srl – Italy)