During 3-6 May 2022, the Portuguese city of Ponta Delgada (São Miguel island – Azores) welcomed the 45th WOCSDICE ‐ Workshop on Compound Semiconductor Devices and Integrated Circuits held in Europe & 16th EXMATEC ‐ Expert Evaluation and Control of Compound Semiconductor Materials and Technologies.
The two complementary conferences represented a prime opportunity to acquire new knowledge as well as to exchange ideas on state‐of‐the‐art research and the latest advancements on the topics that were addressed:
- Compound semiconductors, including wide and ultrawide bandgap materials
- Advanced electronic, magnetic, optoelectronic, photonic semiconductor devices (materials, processing, characterization and modelling)
- Organic electronics
Nanomaterials, including 2D materials, surfaces and interfaces (growth, characterization, theory and applications)
- Reliability aspects for materials, processes and devices
- Advanced semiconductor characterization and simulation techniques
Some of the GaN4AP Consortium participated in the event and the following presentations were given:
- Influence of the temperature on growth by ammonia source molecular beam epitaxy of wurtzite phase ScxAl1-xN alloy on GaN – Caroline Elias, CNRS-CHREA
- Alternatives to Standard Ni/Au Stack for Low Resistance p-GaN Ohmic Contacts – Clèment Mauduit, University of Tours
- Study of Ni Schottky barrier on GaN epilayers grown on bulk substrates – Fabrizio Roccaforte, CNR-IMM
- Deep levels and Threshold Voltage Instability in Vertical a-Plane Oriented GaN MISFETs – Manuel Fregolent, IUNET – University of Padua
- Electron and hole trapping in the threshold voltage instability of normally-off p GaN-gate HEMTs – Giuseppe Greco, CNR-IMM
One of these presentations, given by M. Fregolent (IUNET-UniPD), was recognized with the Student Award of the Portuguese Physics Society for the Best Presentation in the area of Physics and Applications.